Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feelin' Like Fall

October 7, 2008
It was feeling a lot like fall this morning when I set out for the gym. Luckily I had my camera in my bag to get some pictures of upper Garden Street, which is beginning to be decked out for Halloween with witches on the stoop, pumpkins in front of the house, and autumn leaves bedecking the doors of the beautiful old brownstones.The temperature was in the 50s, humidity in the 40s, and I was in high spirits, anticipating a beautiful autumnal day before it actually changes season. Hoboken is ready for it, and the weather is cooperating. Last weekend I actually saw fall foliage, on a trip to my daughter's house in upstate New York. I love the gentle falls of Southern Alabama, where most of the trees are evergreen and the change of color comes slowly and not until late November. But October is everybody's favorite month, I think, with the gloriously blue skies and the promise of crisp air and the smell of good food cooking. In Hoboken, the smell of food is never far away, and when you get it, it's usually Italian. Perfect for a day like today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Autumn too.Here in France our foliage colors are beautiful this year, not as flamboyant as in NE but pretty all the same.
I too just don't seem to believe that Paul Newman has passed away...