Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Blog Break

March 19, 2008

Today I start a little Easter vacation, beginning with a matinee of November, David Mamet's political satire, with my grandson Elias. In an hour I board the bus for Manhattan where I'll meet him and take him for a quick lunch (Will he want to try Junior's again? Will he want to go somewhere different? Will there be time before the show?)

He's going to enjoy the play. I vacillated between this and The Seafarer, an Irish play about a poker game with the devil himself, deciding this would be easier for him and would launch him into political discussions, his latest learning area. He doesn't have television at home, so we can watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report here before turning in. The Seafarer will close at the end of the month, maybe I can catch it by myself next week.

Tomorrow I'll go home with him, either in the morning or afternoon, depending on what he wants to do. Knowing kids, I expect him to want to do everything we did the first time -- soup to go from The Soup Man (he loved the New England Clam Chowder) -- and Indian food the next day at the Karma Kafe buffet. I really want him to try an Italian place, but there is time for that in years to come.

I'll stay in Kingston with the family until Sunday and resume blogging next week.

Hope you all have a happy Easter. I recommend spring breaks.

No comments: