Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This Ya Gotta See

I've got most of my stuff put away (now if I can only remember where!), and just had to start taking pictures! I know it's cluttered still, but it's my clutter and the apartment will probably never be much cleaner.Here's what you see as soon as you walk in the door. No, that's not two identical lamps, there is a mirror there, see? Some of you will recognize that lamp which has followed me from Lower Alabama.And here's a good look at the kitchen now that most of the dishes, pots and pans and tchotchkes have been put away.Found a place for the good old Pottery Barn white buffet, in the kitchen this time, and the little primitive Jim Adshead and I bought in Switzerland. Did I say I put all the tchotchkes away? Well, a few belong out in the open.Long as I've been eschewing granite countertops (don't say it--"hard on the teeth!") and dual-fuel ranges, now I've got 'em both. They came with the apartment. Getting used to it--setting china down v-e-r-y carefully, and it is fun to have those extra BTU's on the cooktop!That oversized sectional turns my undersized living room into a conversation pit, and my artwork turns it into a gallery. But I think I like it!

6 comments:

Steve said...

Lovely!

Mary Lois said...

Come up and see me sometime...

Unknown said...

Looks great. Bet you're glad to be settled in. C

irene said...

looks beautiful!!

congrats.

Irene

irene said...

did you have a hotdog "with" yet?

Chris said...

The new place looks great! We just got rid of our contractor and the painter is getting kicked out today! I'm sick of renovating... Started to clean up and going to start unpacking soon! Can we say party